I can remember that day, my very first day of climbing...
I was 8 years old and I had no idea what climbing was about and where it would bring me in the coming years!
I am Gabriele Moroni, 30 years old and I've been climbing for 22 years.
I started as a kid, curious about this new thing and got hooked right away!
After a couple of years I had been told I was pretty good at it, so I started doing competitions...
Since then I've never stopped. In my career I think I did all the possible events, all the disciplines, all the categories... Regionals,Nationals,Continentals,Worlds!
In my early teenage years I also discovered Rock Climbing and it became my big passion. Since the beginning I really wanted to climb on every different kind of rock and style and started travelling not only for comps but also for rock trips!
I competed, repeated hard routes or boulders, bolted new routes and brushed new boulders basically all my life but the motivation is always staying at the same level!
I will defenitely keep on climbing and living my life with the same approach I always had, having no plans and following my instinct!
- 3rd Bouldering WC overall ranking 2009
- Four times 2nd place at Bouldering WC's in 2007/2008/2009
- Youth World Champion 2005
- Action Direct 9a Frankenjura (Germany)
- Goldrake 9a/a+ Cornalba (Italy)
- Coup de Bambou 9a FA Getu Valley (China)
- Sid Lives 9a FA (Bolted) Arco (Italy)
- The Story of Two Worlds 8C Cresciano (Switzerland)
- The Power of One 8B flash Rocklands (South Africa)
- Ambrosia 8A Bishop (USA)
- Rigatoni 8A Valle dell'Orco (Italy)