Born in Alsace in 1990, he moved to Val D'Isère (Savoia) when he was 2 years old. Here he started skiing with his brother. With 5 years he started climbing indoor. He lived in the mountains until he was 12, practicing ski and climbing, with the coach Christian Emprin during the weekends. Then he moved to Chambery where he lives following the competition timetable. His activity has changed a bit, he trains and climbs mostly indoor, in the gym, but he doesn't miss the opportunity to enjoy new routes on the crags with friends.
Gautier: "The thing I prefer of climbing is the pleasure of wide and dynamic movements and to try to go beyond my limits to be even more polyvalent (difficulty, speed, boulder) and to have control of all climbing styles (slabs, overhangs, open hand holds and crimps)... even if this is endless".
- Alien carnage Castillon, France 8c+
- Nilbru - Rodellar, Spain 8c+
- Ultimate Sacrifice Gorges du Loup, France 8c+
- Dures Limites Céüse, France 8c
- la rena de la Piscineta Rodellar, Spain 8c
- Cosi Fan Tutte Rodellar, Spain 8c
- Hot Chili X Gorges du Loup, France 8c
- Dynamite de groupe Chambotte, France 8c
- Worldcup Lead 2013, general ranking after Valence: 6°
- Worldcup Lead 2011, general ranking: 9°
- Worldcup Lead 2010, general ranking: 6°