Born and bred in the southern French Alps, the mountains have always been an important part of Mathieu's life. His first mountain adventures were on ski and loving the challenge of ski alpinism races, he was a member of the French National Ski Mountaineering Team for 4 years. He had much success - reaching the 2nd position of the European Youth Championships and was twice the French National Champion.
For Mathieu, his big passion was always to be in the mountains - and eventually he stopped racing in order to make more time for alpine climbing and expeditions world-wide. He has traveled widely for climbing (Greece, Europe, USA, China, Baffin Island, Nepal, Peru, Alaska) and for ice-climbing (USA, Canada, Scotland, Iceland). When at home in the Alps he works as a mountain guide, and is also responsible for the organisation of Ice Climbing Ecrins, which has become the biggest ice festival in France. He still has that urge to explore... taking him every year to the far corners of the world to climb on rock or ice, to ski, or to climb mountains.
From the mountains of the Cordillera Blanca, to the Nepalese Himalaya, to the big walls of Mexico, to the waterfalls of Quebec; each "trip" is an opportunity for Mathieu to quench his thirst for discovery. In 2012 his project is to make a ski expedition to Pakistan to shoot a movie and then to attempt a route on the south west face of Latok 2. Driven by his passions and his love of the mountains Mathieu continues to explore, "but the playground is so big it would take several lifetimes to touch everything, so hopefully this is just the beginning, and I will be able to share with you my passion."
My main project in expédition is to open a new route on High Mountain.So next two years will be focused on High mountain in Pakistan and Népal.
- 2 time French Champion in Ski Mountaineering
- 2nd position in the European Youth Championship of Ski Mountaineering
- third repeat of "Logical Progression", El Gigante "Mexico", 850m 7C
- free ascent of "la route del 84" le esfingue, Peru (5380m) in 7 hours
- new route on the East Face of Chopicalqui (6350m) "la marshal'alba del suenos", Peru. 1000m ED
- new route on north-east ridge of Dickey "Move your ass and your mind will follow" (1600m, ED M6/A3/6A), Alaska
- first ascent of Lunag I (6850m), Nepal. "Close the door" ED 1300m
- first ascent of east ridge of Ganesh 5 (6741m), Nepal. ED M5 6ª
- first ascent of " Le théorème de la peine" (2000m, M5/ED) on the South-East Peak of Latok 2, 7020m, 3-4-5-6 June 2012
- first ascent in alpine style of south face of gauri shankar "Gare au Gauri" (2000m 5+/M5/A1) ED+ in October 2013.
-Link in three north face in Ecrins range new route on North Face of la Meije
- Nomination for the Piolet D'Or 2011 for the first ascent of Lunag 2, Nepal.